When I was a mom of preschoolers I knew nothing about MOPS. It either did not exist at the time, (late 80's to early 90's, WOW what a fossil I am!!), or I simply did not know about MOPS. So, me and my girlfriends who were in the same season of life created our own little group. We called it "care share". We met about twice a month in one of our homes. We brought all our children and found home-schooled teenagers to come over and watch the kids in the basement of the house we met in. We would spend the morning laughing, crying and praying for each other. It was for sure my lifeline in those days. On the days we met, Ty would come home from work and within one minute flat would say to me, "You met with your group today, didn't you?" I guess it was his lifeline too because I was a little less crazy which made him feel a little less crazy.
Those years are long gone for me and as I reflected back, here was the list of tips I came up with the share with MOPS this week.
1. Embrace this season of life that you are in; empty nest is a comin and
you will miss the mess!
2. Remember you were a wife before you became a mother
3. Model to your children the kind of marriage you hope they will have
4. Take care of your heart…. Deal with your issues
5. Seek the support you need; friend group, mentor, counseling, Fresh
6. Do not compare yourself to others, embrace and celebrate who you
7. Train up a child according to his/her bent... no cookie-cutter parenting
8. NEVER, EVER discipline in anger
9. Forgive as a lifestyle
10. Review daily what you are thankful for
So what about you my friend? Of the 10 tips above, which one strikes a chord in your heart? What # do you need to start with to move forward in our continued quest to live life to the fullest? Take just one of the above tips and purpose to focus on forward movement for 30 straight days. Not only will you benefit, but those you love will as well.